It's August which means it's about to be my birthday - also known as my favorite personal holiday. And you can say it's not a holiday if you want, but I haven't worked on my birthday since I entered the workforce, so that sounds like a holiday to me. This year, I will be 27 years old - 3 years away from 30 - making this the perfect birthday to start a #30before30 bucket list. In the name of symmetry, everything about this list and my time to accomplish it has a 3 in it - so 3, 30, 300 etc. Yes, I'm that type of girl.
My #30before30 list was the result of self reflection, twitter discussion, and the need to live life to the fullest. Not to say that I'm not already, because I certainly have experienced things a lot of people haven't. In fact, when looking at other #30before30 lists, I could confidently say I've done some of the things on other people's lists. Although I know I want to travel, I tried not to make the list super travel heavy (although to accomplish some of the things, I will have to travel anyway). I also didn't list specific destinations because my mind changes about that daily. I wanted to include things that are new to me, experiences, things that take me out of my comfort zone and things that will contribute to my personal development.
Finally, my last item on my list literally, figuratively, ironically and so much more is to fall in love. I struggled with this item because my mind kept telling me it wasn't a bucket list item but a part of me kept wanting to write it. Then I had a conversation with one of my best friends and asked what she'd put on her #30before30 and one of the things she said was to get married and that conversation was validation that I should add 'fall in love' to my list.
So here's my #30before30, please feel free to share yours with me or even just your bucket list items or travel destinations. I was about to put descriptions and explanations behind each point so you could have more insight into me but I know people aren't interested in reading super long things so I'll provide them without comment. However I'm super open to having dialogue surrounding any of the 30 items. (Also if you have book or cookbook suggestions for the goals including them PLEASE feel free to send me suggestions). I'm going to add a #30before30 highlight icon on my instagram stories thing to track myself accomplishing everything and to keep a record without necessarily interferring with my grid so follow me there to keep up with everything!
- Professionally decorate a cake
- Finish all of the recipes in a cookbook
- Make a physical photo album
- Swim with dolphins
- Go paddleboarding
- Read 300 books
- See the Lion King on Broadway
- Road trip
- Go snorkeling
- Do a boudoir style photoshoot
- Go on a hike
- See Miguel in concert
- Do a photoshoot that can be the start to my coffee table book
- Plan & execute a girls trip
- Go on 3 big trips
- Do the 365 color photo challenge
- Build something from scratch
- Visit a Family Island that I haven't been to (or one I haven't been to in my adulthood)
- Complete the doula certification
- Take a yoga class
- Create & distribute 30 period packs
- See 30 sunrises or sunsets
- Do 30 random acts of kindness
- Get a camera & learn how to take quality pictures
- Go ziplining
- Volunteer 30 hours for a cause I believe in
- Have a meal at a Michellin Star or James Beard awarded restaurant
- Maintain a cu$$$hy savings account
- Fall in love